MY MAKEUP BLOOPERS


Applying makeup is not always as simple as one, two, three. It takes time, effort and knowledge. The products can't just be splashed across the face and expect to see a flawless reflection looking back at you. Makeup is an art form and as with every art form it takes time, precision and creativity. Practice is key. 
When I look back at how I used to put on makeup to how I do now I see such vast improvements. Now I can actually say that I can put on a full face of makeup and love what I see looking back at me, well most of the time. Now, I am no expert but I can confidently say that I actually know some things about makeup and how to apply it. I now know about products that suits me best and about methods of applying makeup that works best for me. Also, I have learnt about blending and color matching. There is still a lot that I can learn about makeup and I will continue to do so as the opportunity arises. 
I wish that everyday my makeup application was as simple as one, two, three. It's no way near that. There are three aspects that especially challenge me. These are my eyebrows, winged eyeliner and false eyelashes. 
Very rare do I love the finished look of my eyebrows. I have tried many products and methods of shaping my eyebrow, but I have not quite found that go to product or easy method. I keep trying new ones and I hope to find that perfection or almost perfection one day. On days when I look at my brows and think 'wow' I got it, I take a picture and it either looks to light, or just to messy. Hopefully one day this won't be a challenge anymore. 
Winged eyeliner just does not seem like it is for me. I avoid attempting to do it unless the look 100% needs that finished touch. I have ruined many a look attempting winged eyeliner. Now I only attempt when I do my eye look before my entire face. Often enough I can't seem to get it right. I pull it off very rarely and even when I do it never seems to look as good as it could or should. Who knows maybe I should just give up on that perfect wing, but knowing me I won't, I will keep working at it.
I won't say that I always need to wear false eyelashes but for those extra special occasions I love how it intensifies my makeup look. When I do venture into applying false eyelashes it takes me much longer to finish my makeup. I eventually get it on and love the results 99% of the time. This is very challenging and does not come easy to me, but I will keep at it and maybe one day it will get easier.
Many complain how women spend too much time on applying makeup. I know this first hand because my boyfriend always complains when he has to wait on me to get dressed to go out. They don't understand the effort and work it takes to look good and be pleased with a makeup look. Some of us have our own struggles when it comes to applying makeup and then again every aspect of makeup just comes naturally to some. The key is not to get discouraged and to keep woking at it. There were many times I felt like I was wasting my time on something that just is not meant for me but I always shrugged that feeling off and kept trying. I will keep working at the aspects that challenge me the most. 

Comments

Popular Posts