BOOK REVIEW- GOING HOME BY DANIELLE STEEL

I am a very systematic person at times. Recently that quality of mines gave me an idea when it comes to my reading. I have read a few of Daniele Steel's novels and I decided to read a few more, but I wanted to start from her first book and keep going in oder of her works. So this is the first of a few short book reviews to come.


Going home is the first novel by American Author Danielle Steel. It was first published in the year 1973. It has a three and a half stars out of five on Good Reads and four and a half out of five on Amazon.

This book had me in a whirlwind of emotions. One minute it had me feeling sorry for the main character Gillian and the other it had me resenting her for the decisions she made that causes her so much pain and hurt. It seems that Gillian keeps putting herself in a position where she will be hurt. All because she was happy with a man that is undeserving of her love. This book shows how love sometimes means everything no matter what the consequences are and what other possibilities are left behind.

When Gillian goes through great pain and loss it breaks my heart. It seems like too much any one person should bare, no matter the fact that she chose the wrong man in many readers minds. She chose love and happiness admist the pain that he had caused her and in the end she had so much pain to bare as a result of her choice.

This books ends with, ''They stood around us, and watched us go, hand in hand, going home.'' Seems to end with her finally ending up where home was but one can never know. Maybe an epilogue would have been nice.

I think it was the whirlwind of emotions That made me not want to put the book down. I just needed to know how it was going to end as soon as possible. I am excited to see what story and emotions her second book brings.

Comments

Popular Posts