BOOK REVIEW: THE PROMISE BY DANIELLE STEEL

 This novel is about the tragic love of a young architect by the name of Michael Hillyard and an orphan artist, Nancy McAllister. The couple are head over heels in love and determined to get married, but young Michael's mother, head of the very fortunate Hillyard family forbids the union. Michael is determined to make Nancy his wife regardless of what his mother says, but mere minutes before they reach their destination a tragic accident changes everything. Nancy faced with no other choice makes a deal with Marion Hillyard that is both cruel and deceitful. 

The novel continues on to show how both Michael and Nancy's life changes, how they both turn into two people so different to the young, fun loving couple that the book starts off with. 

Through her words Danielle Steele convinces me that this story is so real, although there are some unrealistic things that happen. She draws me so deep into the plot that I feel like I am witnessing it in front of my own eyes. This by far is the most captivating of her wotks that I have read to date. This definitely is a book you should read if you are a fan of her work or a fan of romance novels. Thrust me the end is worth it. 

Comments

Popular Posts