APRIL 2020 SKINCARE EMPTIES



SATURDAY SKIN- WATERFALL GLACIER WATER CREAM
This was my choice item from boxycharm some months ago. The product was getting a lot of hype and the reviews were great. This retails for $39 US on Saturday Skin's website. It is described as an anti-aging glacier water cream that delivers mineral rich moisture while protecting skin from free radicals. The formula is one of a gel texture that is still quite light. Some key ingredients are:
  • Alaska Glacier Water- This is said to protect from free radicals while promoting optimal absorption of moisture.
  • Xpertmoist- This shields skin from dehydration while improving skin vitality.
  • Iceland moss- calms and reduces redness while promoting hydration.
  • Cha-7es Complex (TM)- This promotes the skin's natural regeneration process. 
This product is paraben, sulfate and synthetic fragrance or color free.
Ok, let me start with the positives of this product. I love the feel of it and it absorbs really fast. Their is no tackiness after use. I also love that their is no fragrance because I like mild scented products. It works well under makeup. The fact that it is light is also a plus. Now the negatives. It did not provide enough moisture for my skin. The packaging is beautiful but it makes you feel like you are getting way more product than you are actually getting, so i was shocked when it was empty. And lastly all the hype I heard and read about this product definitely set me up for disappointment. Its a maybe repurchase I don't know because I definitely like that it is lightweight and works well under makeup.



OLAY CLEANSE TONER- WITCH HAZEL 
This product retails for $5.24 US on Olay's website. It is recommended for most skin types. It is said to remove impurities to refresh skin, while helping to remove excess oil without  stripping the skin of its essential moisture. The key ingredient in this product is Witch hazel which helps to balance the pH of the skin and visibly tighten pores. Also contains aloe leaf extract which nourishes and replenishes skin for a pampering experience. 
This toner definitely cleans the skin really well. It also strips away the excess oil but I think it takes away way too much from my combination skin. I bought it even though it has alcohol in it because of the witch hazel ingredient, but it did not tighten my pores as much as other toners that I have used that has witch hazel. Due to the alcohol, the drying effect and no reduction in my pore size I will not be repurchasing this item.



APTO SKINCARE- POMEGRANATE MASK
This mask is packed with antioxidants. It is said to be calming and helps reduce redness. Pomegranates conbatin azelaic acid which helps remove dead skin cells. The mask is reommended to strengthen skin and prevent breakouts. 
This brand only uses natural ingredients in their products so that is a plus for any skin care product. When I started to use this product it took up permanent residence in the bathroom. I would say that it did calm my skin especially at times when I saw an oncoming breakout so it was nice to have it close at hand. I definitely did not like the fact that it was so hard to get the product out after use. I always had to use my cleanse toner a couple times before I stopped seeing yellow on the cotton pad. I like how it worked but that yellow tinge turned me off. This was a present and it stayed for months in my bathroom before it was used up so I definitely will not be repurchasing. 


Comments

Popular Posts